No longer paying in

Life changes

T4_T13_content page image_04


If you die before you start claiming your preserved Fund benefits, a cash lump sum could be paid to your beneficiaries.

To make sure this lump sum is paid to the right people/organisations as soon as possible, it's a very good idea to complete a Nomination form.

This form tells the Management Committee who your beneficiaries are.

You can complete, change or update your nominations in myFund.  It's quick, easy and will give you instant peace of mind.

Other benefits for your beneficiaries could include:

  • Pensions for eligible children until they are 18 – or older if they are disabled or in full-time education
  • A pension for your eligible or legal spouse
  • A pension for eligible dependants (adults who have been largely or fully financially dependent on you in the two years before your death).​

Divorce or dissolution

The breakdown of a relationship is always a difficult time.

It’s likely your preserved pension will be taken into account along with your other assets when a financial settlement is being worked out for divorce or dissolution.

The only exception is if you are living with your partner but are not married ​and not in a civil partnership - in this instance, they are not entitled to any of your pension benefits if you separate.

Find out more in A guide on divorce and dissolution.


Don't be a victim

Pension fraud is a menace. It could see you lose some - or all - of your savings.
Place icon

Not ​​on the right p​age?

Thinking about retiring...

Find out about the available options including early and normal retirement. TAKE ME THERE
RHS_widget infogfx_v10_Trustee know your wishes